The UCD library is fairly creepy. It's huge, for one thing, and made entirely of cement. The books are laid out in no particular order (well, I'm sure there is an order, but not one that helps me) and it's lit with bright florescent lights. I sort of feel like I'm in a science fiction movie. It doesn't help that other than the typing of keys it's dead silent in here. No one talks, not even a little muttering to a friend. Every now and then a creepy voice comes on over an intercom and reminds us to "mind our belongings". When that happens everyone, and I mean everyone, stops what they're doing, comes out of their haze and looks around as if God is speaking to us. I'm a little frightened.
I'll update later with full stories of Mom and Peggy's visit to Ireland! Back to my essays
5 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA take pictures in the library!!!!
but turn the flash off.....or else everyone might have a heart attack
I'll have you know that the UCD library owns 7 (!) copies of The Origins of Human Society, perhaps a record.
Why don't you walk out to the Richview Library, which said to be about a 10 minute walk from campus. See http://www.ucd.ie/library/virtual_tour/richview_lib_virtual_tour.html
I think 7 copies of OHS has to be a record. Do WE even have 7 copies in our house?
-sis
Impressive! Including 5 on short loan, someone must be using it for a class. If i see a cute Irish boy reading one of them in the library this week I'll have the ultimate pick up line. Thanks Dad!
Post a Comment