Anyway, lets talk more about how I am in fact loved. I got to their hotel yesterday and found them in a quasi-coma. After sitting in the hotel lobby while I waited for them to wake up (ok, so it was for about 5 minutes, but still...), I was presented with a gigantic bag of loot. I had asked my mom to bring over Peanut M&M's and clean socks. What I got was a bunch of M&M's (plain and peanut), peanut butter cups, peanut butter, peanuts (until I saw all of this I didn't realize how much I loved peanuts!), twizzlers, magazines, granola bars, and gum. Wow. But it wasn't done. After going through my bag my mom says "oh right, and we stopped at duty free on the way over, we thought you'd like this" and hands me a bottle of vodka. Just try and tell me you have a cooler mom than me. Come on, I dare you. There is NO way you can top that. Is it sad that when she handed it to me, my first thought was not "PARTY!!!" but rather "Wow, think of how much money I'll save by not having to buy this myself!". Ireland has turned me into a grown up, and I hate it for that.
We had a low key day yesterday because I have papers to write and they were tired. But I'm sure more shenanigans will soon happen. Look forward to reading about those over the next week!
Today was the last day of classes for the history department (apparently I'm a history major over here...). I'm bothered by the fact that on the last day of classes I wore long sleeves and a jacket and promptly turned the heat on when I returned to my apartment. It definitely doesn't feel like the last day of classes. I now have a week of intense paper writing to do.
It's looking like Croatia is the favorite amongst the fans (and definitely my favorite too), but my mom has thrown the idea of Holland into the mix. Thoughts? Also using a week to travel around Ireland, seeing as I did come to study abroad in Ireland, it might be good if I saw a bit of the rest of the country. Let me know if you're still for Croatia or if you have thoughts on the new options.
3 comments:
I just have to say that your blog is making my day! I vote for Holland! Have a great trip and see you back in the states! :) jen
Sounds like the Amy Poehler mom in Mean Girls to me.
Holland is also cool, but I maintain my vote for Budapest.
Post a Comment