Monday, January 14, 2008

I can't feel my toes

And I'm here!  
The flight over was excellent! I hate flying but this one was only about 5 hours which is pretty awesome. I met some other Americans on the plane who are also going to school here this semester, so that was pretty cool. I got off the plane in the biggest haze ever. I couldn't even figure out what day it was. After three tries I finally found the taxi station and got a cab. We then had a hell of a time finding my building as its tucked back a little. So to pass the time we discussed Brittney Spears. 
Warren, the cab driver, seemed to think that fault lay with Kevin Federline. I told him he was wrong and that KFed was actually coming out on top in this situation. Apparently they're getting told different information over here and Kfed is still a failure. Who knew! We then discussed Nicole Richies choice of baby name, he approved and thought it was "cool" but was a little confused as to how she was a celebrity. I kept it to myself but thought that he had no place to talk considering how big Jordan is over here.
It was weird to see Dublin at rush hour. It was still dark at 8 am. Now I havn't seen 8 am in awhile, but I'm pretty sure its not usually dark. That will take some getting used to. Also, crazy amount of Sprinters (vans) my inner account rep got kinda giddy at the sight of dozens of Sprinters going throughout the city. 
Once I got to my dorm, the housing office was closed, again my inner account rep turned on and I thought "someones a failure" but within 20 minutes someone came hustling down the path and welcomed me. So all was forgiven. 
My apartment is FREEZING. And electricity is highly regulated here (damn hippie Europeans) so we have to be careful about what we leave on and off. I think I figured out how to turn on the hot water with help from my sister. Yes I frantically e-mailed my sister wondering if she knew how to get hot water...shes good for something. 
I'm still completely out of whack but I'm going to try and get things set up.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad your flight went well. i'm looking forward to attempting to read about your adventures. i say attempt cause internet and the ocean aren't friends. and i like the name harlow, i think its cute but not stupid

~Sarah

Anonymous said...

hahaha i love that youre in ireland and all you can talk about is kfed. winner. i miss you alreadyyyy this is so weird. you best be sending me some postcards.
~kels

Anonymous said...

amen to the heating (lack of it) and the darkness, cold rainy and dark? no wonder they consume so much alcohol! WELCOME TO IRELAND <3
-liz

Anonymous said...

I will try and keep up with your blogs on here, ill let my mom know of the link as well, and jen and pete, and cyndi, so maybe you'll have some more comments about your adventures in Ireland. Have a great time!!!

Megan said...

Your blog is already hilarious, look forward to reading about your adventures. though I will miss you loads next semester! have fun, take advantage!
love, megan

SG Bye said...

Ireland rocks. That is all.

--Sean

Evan said...

I'm going to read your blog just so I can keep you posted on Dent's activities. Oh yeah, and so I can read about all the fun you're having, blah blah blah. Love!
-Evan

Unknown said...

Mari- you're HILARIOUS. I miss you so much! You should have educated the man about Scott and Noah. Plain and simple.
Love you love you!