Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day...3? 4? Where the heck am I?

Alright I see the eco-friendly entry wasn't as popular with the crowd...thats cool. Those of you who sent me "greenify your facebook page" invites after that entry...very funny, haha, my friends are all comedians.

Anyway, what I thought was jet lag earlier in the week appears to have just been exhaustion. Today I felt jet lag. I woke up completely confused as to where I was or why I was here. I went to orientation where I went on a tour of campus. The tour guide had a voice that not even a cat could hear so really I just walked around campus in the rain making up my own explanations for what each building was. Next week should be interesting. I came back and fell asleep for somewhere between 2 and 4 hours. The days seem longer here, I can take a 4 hour nap and still feel like I have plenty of time...thats going to change once classes start I can imagine. 

After my nap some friends came over and we engaged in the traditional sharing of  favorite youtube videos, Megan had told me this would happen and wouldn't you know it it did. Charlie Bit Me and George Washington were big hits. 

Last night we went out to the Temple Bar area which is a district of the city with trendy bars and stuff....very touristy as well but whatever. Interesting observation, Europeans love the song "Soulja Boy" but don't really know the dance (I'm one to talk..) so instead they just sort of flail...I look forward to watching them again. 

Tomorrows goal is to figure out classes....UCD is very disorganized and I'm really confused as to what I'm supposed to do. So tomorrow I will figure that out and hopefully I won't end up in quantum physics or something like that by accident....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whats the time difference?

ps- you should probably teach all of ireland the proper soulja boy technique. think about it.

Anonymous said...

they are five hours ahead of us

...i did some reserch

~sarah