So last night a few people came over and I was introduced to perhaps the greatest party game in history, spot got (I think?). Now I'm going to warn all of you that you are about to judge me. Go ahead. Basically you have to recite a poem and if someone catches you messing it up they get to draw a spot on your face with a burnt (but cooled) wine cork.
Good fun.
Anyway, today was not quite as fun. Woke up and tried to organize classes. Then ran over to get my student ID. This was without a doubt the most disorganized set up I've ever seen. I entered a classroom where every other international student was basically standing in a pack, gradually shifting forward towards two guys with laptops. These guys were having a grand time cracking jokes about everyones pictures, talking everyone up and taking forever with each card. I got my card with no problem, but one guy that I was with fell victim to the ever present Irish wit that I've seen here so often. Just as he sat down for his picture to be taken the ID card guys asked him a question about something. When he looked away from the camera to answer they snapped his picture and started cracking up. They refused to take another and now his ID card has a picture of him looking up at the ceiling with a confused look on his face. Fantastic.
I then began my journey to settle my classes. I went over to meet with the international advisor and waited in line for about a half hour. When I finally reached the front of the line she closed the door in my face and said "Closed for lunch, come back later!". COME ON!
So after coming back she sent me to the geography department to figure courses out, they sent me to the programme office who sent me back to the international advisor. She then told me to go home. COME ON!
I think I finally figured out my schedule on my third try. Lets hope considering classes start on Monday. On the bright side I met a lot of new friends waiting in the neverending line for the advisor.
I don't have many pictures yet, but here are a few to give you an idea of the people I'm meeting
3 comments:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that is a continuation of our conversation last night. and the photos.
love you, miss you!
pats vs giants
thoughts?
good game and i'm bummed i'm going to miss it, those are my thoughts
~Sarah
dude...hottie in the glasses...is hot
Post a Comment