Alright, so I leave for Italy (by way of London) tomorrow. I will be gone for 2 weeks. That means two weeks of NO blog entries as part of the glory of this trip is I will not have a computer, or internet access. We're going to break this horrible addiction.
Here's a list of Marianna approved time passing activities for you to do during the time you'd usually read the blog.
-Paper cutting
-Kilt stalking
-Toast making
-Tea Biscuit eating
-St Patricks Day "celebrating"-Yes, it's true, I will NOT be in Ireland for St Patricks Day. But I will be in Rome for Holy Week which I hear is like St Patricks Day on speed. So I think I win. Plus I think I win Catholic pilgrimage points, which I am in dire need of.
-Newsletter writing
-Squash
-Easter Egg dying-My friends and I dyed some Easter Eggs tonight, slight problem, Ireland doesn't sell white eggs. So we dyed the brown ones. They turned out....icky? Each one turned to this strange pinkish brown color. Oh well. We had a good time
If you can't find enough time wasters in that list then I'm sorry, I'm usually good after paper cutting.
Also, some stories from my class where we do the presentations
Presenter: 54% of American's believe in leprechauns
entire class turns and looks at me and my roommate
Me: Well I haven't found one yet, but that hasn't stopped me from looking.....
Professor: Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the US you guys commute to work by plane? Right? Not so much the train, you really fly everywhere.....am I wrong?
silence while i contemplate whether or not it's worth it to lie for the sake of having a good story
Me: Welll......
Roommate: NO! NO we don't!
2 comments:
No joke, in elementary school, we used to try to make the best "leprechaun traps" and see if we caught a leprechaun over St. Patrick's Day.
I never caught one.....but you can tell your class that every year, I still make a trap, hoping and PRAYING I will catch one.
hahaha... i read those two quotes out loud to erin. we cracked up. enjoy italy!!
~Sarah
Post a Comment