This does not apply to the US election. So far any discussion on that with the Irish has ended with me cringing in embarrassment mumbling "err, well, you sure have researched this...who am I voting for? Uhh, look over there!"
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Well I Know in America We Lie When We Don't Know the Answer....
I think one of my favorite things about Ireland is the fact that I can sound like an expert on topics that I know nothing about. In order to accomplish this, I just need to begin a sentence with "Well I know in America we..." and suddenly I have all the answers. I have so far been asked for an expert opinion on the following: The Amish, marriage and age of consent laws and organic farming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I LOVE the Amish!!
And marriage and age of consent laws? Really??
yes! My professor asked me actually! She said "As a American, you probably have a better understanding of age of consent...can you explain it to us?"
I just stared at her for a second and then said "Oh, well of course..."
I think you should ask every Irish person you meet something very probing about Irish culture and life.
Just because, obviously, since they are Irish, they should know ALL TOPICS pertaining to Ireland.
That is clearly the case for you and America.
Post a Comment