Liz and I in front of Galway Bay
Liz feeding the Galway swans
They haven't gotten around to taking down the Christmas decorations yet. As you can see, Liz and I are judging them on this.
I had some quality time with Oscar Wilde
Liz enjoyed the beautiful day
We found some friends, yay, look how happy we are, ahahhaahha. Good times.
We took a bus tour, I was less than pleased.
So we ended the night in a pub with some new friends.Had a great time visiting Liz. We checked out the aquarium...which was really more of a tank with fish in it that they charged 7 euro to see. I say pass if you're in the area. After a stroll along the bay we went back to her apartment for dinner. For nighttime entertainment she took me to her favorite pub for traditional music. We met a nice young German couple and the fiddlers grandson and his friends, including one that looked eerily identical to Ryan from The Office. I considered paying him money to yell "THIS GUY GROWS HIS OWN BEETS!", but passed. So we enjoyed the stereotypical Irish pub experience, throwing back a pint while singing pub songs. Very fun. Today we walked around town a little before I had to catch the bus back. It's GORGEOUS here today, so the bus ride through the Irish farmland was fantastic. Lots of baby sheep, horses and cows. On to studying.
1 comment:
Which pub? We liked Monroes Tavern when we were in Galway, and there was a place just up Dominick Street that had music on the second floor, too
Post a Comment