Right now I'm surprised at how easy it's been to get back in the swing of things. I came home, Stanky came over, she stole some food, my mom and I took the dogs to the park. It's like I never left. 36 hours ago I was in Ireland, when I think about it it feels like Ireland is the next town over, like I could hop in my car and drive up I-95 and be there in 20 minutes. Let's see how long it takes for the crushing realization that it's all over to hit me. Truthfully right now I'm having trouble accepting that it actually happened.
This blog isn't done yet, though. I still have a few more stories to tell. I've really enjoyed keeping this blog. Growing up my grandmother always used to be after me to keep a journal, telling me that I should keep a record of every day. I usually ignored her. Keeping this blog has allowed me to see her point. When I would do things in Ireland this blog would always be at the back of my mind. I kept looking for things that I would be able to write about, stories that I would be able to tell, pictures that I would be able to post. It made me a lot more alert and focused than I think I would have been without it. Thanks to everyone who read and stroked my ego with your comments. Hopefully I have inspired you to go out and do something new and exciting,...and now that you're not spending every waking minute waiting for a new blog entry you'll have time!
No comments:
Post a Comment